Agoric Network — How to stake Agoric BLD tokens with stake2earn🌜 using Keplr Wallet
What is Agoric Network?
Agoric was founded in 2018 by Mark S. Miller, Dean Tribble, Bill Tulloh, and Brian Warner and launched their first Testnet in 2019, simply called: Agoric Testnet.
Agoric Network is a platform that programs smart contracts securely in order to enable the future of global economic cooperation. Agoric is a smart contract platform built on the Cosmos SDK and with Tendermint Proof-of-Stake (PoS) mechanism and a native asset to secure the network. The native asset is their token BLD.
How to stake Agoric BLD tokens using stake2earn 🌜?
- Install Keplr
Keplr is a browser extension wallet for the Inter blockchain ecosystem and it’s known as the most powerful wallet for the Cosmos ecosystem. So, the first step would be to get the Keplr extension wallet from here.
You will simply need to click on the button ‘Add to Chrome’, then a pop-up window pop-up will appear and you will need to choose ‘Add Extension’.
Now, as the extension is added, if you want to pin it for faster access, you may need to select it on your browser bar to have the Keplr icon link visible in your browser.
2. Set up a Keplr Account
Once, the Keplr extension is installed you’ll be prompted with 4 options to create an account:
- Sign in with Google — this might not be the happiest choice taking into account that limited support across other wallets
- Import existing account — this helps only if you already have one
- Import ledger — for this you will need to use a Ledger Nano X/S
- Create new account — this is what we recommend you to use as this is done via Mnemonic Seed Phrase
After choosing ‘Create new account’, you will be prompted with your secret seed or mnemonic phrase. For security reasons, please make sure to save this phrase in a safe place and never lose it, this is your account’s master key. In the next step, you will also need to input this phrase. After this, please set your account name and password, and click ‘Next’. In order to confirm the account creation, you will need to click on the words in the right order in which they appear in your mnemonic phrase and press ‘Register’.
3. Check your Agoric address
In order to make sure you will have access to your Agoric account, always make sure to have Keplr updated to latest version.
Now, just follow these steps:
- Open your Keplr wallet extension
- From your drop down network menu, select ‘Agoric’
- In your Agoric account, you will find your wallet address (it’s a string that begins with ‘agoric’ and it usually looks similar with agoric12345..9abcd)
- Now just click on your wallet address to copy it and makes sure you save it in a different place as well. You will need to share it in the future
4. Start staking process for your Agoric BLD tokens
Now that your Agoric account is all set up, look at the top of the Keplr extension browser app and select from the networks list ‘Agoric’ and then click on ‘Stake’
5. Select stake2earn 🌜as your validator
In order to stake your Agoric BLD with stake2earn 🌜, please look for us in the validator list and then click on ‘Manage’:
Please read the details on stake2earn Agoric validator and click on ‘Delegate’:
7. Delegation amount and confirmation
It’s time to select the amount of Agoric BLD you want to stake with stake2earn. Don’t forget to choose the transaction fee and click on ‘Approve’:
Congratulations! You are now officially staking your Agoric BLD and started earning rewards. We are excited to have you join us 🌜
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the stake2earn team via e-mail: email@example.com
We are also very social, and you can find us on: